Monday, June 13, 2011

I take my grandmother to the beach. I enter a nursing home of sorts near the water which is all yellow and gold and orange and inside the lobby there is a gauzy gold curtain hanging down. After I open the door I am not sure it is a nursing home anymore. A small woman with a big head and thick short grey hair comes hobbling out of thee curtain and asks how she can help me. I think I wheel over my grandmother (in a wheelchair) to her. The place is cool looking (sort of like the nursing home in the movie ponyo). I start talking to an older woman sitting behind a desk and then the other woman comes flopping into the chair next to her and her feet and legs are tiny and move like a muppet's, like they are made out of cloth. She is half seriously complaining/yelling at the woman next to her. She becomes a muppet.

I decide to get my grandmother out of here. I bring her out onto the beach. My mother comes there. I want her to take care of Josephine for me so I can leave. I think maybe my brother is there.

friday night- I am out somewhere with Jodi and Caroline Johnson. It is a weird store or restaurant and we are talking about being inherently misunderstood or weird or not being able to do what we want to do. I realize that Caroline is an artist. She shows me an illustration shes done of some woodland animals dressed like people, sort of wind in the willows-esque but very neatly done and pro looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment