Friday, September 16, 2011

I hanging out with Howard Stern and his wife Beth at like a Barnes and Noble or something. HOWARD AND i have met before and it seems like we are friends but I am trying really hard to impress him in our conversation and I'M ON A ROLL. HE has his hair pulled back in a ponytail and is wearing black Havianna flip flops. He mentions them self-consciously and I tell him I have the same ones and I also felt odd about wearing them. He seems very calm but shy and a little self-conscious, a lot like Cliff Peacock. Beth is very giggly and enthusiastic and sweet, she kind of reminds me of Kennedy. She makes a mistake trying to talk about a dietary supplement or something, something like midor but I think it ends in a D, whatever it is I know what she is trying to say but the word she actually says is the word for something else but I don't think they were real words, I just knew what they meant. And Howard realized the mistake and was like Babe, midor!? midor!? And kind of got after her on it but in a sort of disbeleiving way and not in a cruel kind of way and she didn't get defensive at all. I thought she was maybe a very intelligent woman and felt like maybe she simplified that part of her for HOWARD. During our convo I started to realize Howard was sort of my mentor and then I think I imagined being on the show with him, and imagined what it was like when he had Beth on the show. I started talking about how I didn't have an outlet for my creativity and got the feeling Howard was going to offer me some kind of position...maybe that was when I started imagining the other situations. For some reason I felt like I needed to get on the ferry. I knew we were in Boston...or I had just gotten off the ferry.

No comments:

Post a Comment